AVOTurboworld figures have demonstrated this is a serious turbo that ramps up quite quickly despite its size, thanks to AVO’s engineering and the ball-bearing design. On the street it is seriously quick, and will surprise many a supercar!
The dyno testing of the Black Series 3055 on the AVO STI, fitted with the AVO FMIC, an AVO TBE, intake, TGV deletes, fuel pump and injectors. It produced 353kW at the wheels, and 705NM of torque! As you can see from the chart, we made 473whp and 520ft/lbs of torque on our STI! The Billet wheel advantage is a 10% plus higher pressure ratio compared to the traditional cast compressor wheel designs. The forged, fully machined 11 full-blade design is for improved efficiency and ultra quiet operation.
AVOTurboworld's 4/5 high temperature Turbine Housing comes Ceramic Coated and uses an extra-large, newly designed internal wastegate with a 33mm Inconel Flapper Valve. The AVO turbine housing is designed for maximum flow to reduce the chances of boost creep in high horsepower engines. The quality of the AVO turbine housing is far above the rest, with hundreds of hours invested into R&D to ensure the performance of our new hi-temp casting.
AVOTurboworld`s compressor covers have been specially designed for maximum flow and response. In our quest for maximum performance and reliability, we only use the highest quality castings and finish off our covers with 5-axis CNC machining to maintain the precision necessary for a high performance Turbocharger. While compressor performance is not as sensitive to changes in A/R, they do still have some influence on performance. We have made sure it is the best size for optimal performance with this new 11-blade compressor wheel.
The 15PSI boost actuator gives it a more controlled boost response while ensuring boost is maintained at a preset PSI level, resulting in increased torque and hp. The AVO actuator delivers constant boost all the way to redline and beyond. As an extremely safe, reliable and effective means of raising your boost level, the actuator comes with a minimum spring pressures of 15 psi and is adjustable for higher boost levels. AVO only uses the highest quality fittings with our ball-bearing turbochargers, as we are serious about reliability under the harshest of conditions.
Additional parts supplied with this turbocharger kit is as follows:
- 10mm turbo base spacer
- 10mm Inconel Studs
- 10mm SS Flat Washers
- 10mm SS Nuts
- Braided Oil Supply Line
- 3” wire-reinforced 5-ply silicone inlet hose
- 45 degree silicone reducer (that will only fit with any aftermarket front mount intercooler)
- To fit this turbocharger you will need TGV Deletes (PN: S2300G4N2001J). This is due to the large 3" inducer, key to the extreme performance advantage of this turbocharger. The AVO TGV Delete is a direct replacement for the entire standard TGV assembly. Not only does it remove the Tumble Generator Valve, it’s also been designed to give more space for larger turbochargers, such as the AVO 3055 Black Series.
This Product fits these Vehicles:
- Impreza STI EJ25 (2006-2007) (2008-2014) (2015-2020)
- Impreza WRX EJ25 (2006-2007) (2008-2014)
- Liberty GT EJ25 (2007-2009)
- Liberty GT EJ25 (2007-2009)