The release of the 2019 Suzuki Sierra has created quite a lot of excitement in the market since its debut. However as is normal these days, cars released with low prices typically come with low power levels to match and the Sierra continues the trend, having only 105hp. Having previous experience in turbocharging Suzuki engines back in the 80’s and 90’s, AVO Turboworld committed to develop a bolt on turbo kit for the new Sierra.
Key Points of the AVO Turboworld Bolt-on kit:
- The kit is designed in such a way so that both factory cat converters can be retained.
- The intercooler and pipework are designed with ease of installation in mind.
- The turbo exhaust manifold is a 4 into 1 runner design with the collector being a die cast piece for great durability and to finish it off is a CNC cut 16mm turbo mounting flange and CNC cut exhaust manifold flange. All of which is then high temperature ceramic coated.
- Turbocharger sizing is appropriate for an engine of 1.5 litre with a 10:1 compression ratio and includes a base 6 psi actuator. If pushed to the limit the Turbocharger used in the kit would be capable of flowing about 250hp at the engine.
- The kit includes all oil and water plumbing for the turbocharger including a fitting that must be drilled and taped into the oil pan.
- Intake and intercooler piping are constructed of a combination of 2” and 2 ½” mandrel bent 304 brush finished stainless. High quality silicone joiners, silicone moulded intake hose and silicone hump hose connect all pipework from filter to the turbo, turbo to intercooler entry and then intercooler discharge to the throttle body. A sports air filter completes the intake system.
The results achieved with the kit, running at 5 PSI boost with the standard exhaust system including both factory OEM cat converters will give a 40% - 50% gain in power output (depending on tune) along with increased driveability due to the extra torque.
NOTE : This is a high mounted front intercooler setup. The kit will fit with an aftermarket front bar but no snorkel.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Excellent product, nicely made. Useful upgrade to the Jimny on-road performance, making it much more pleasant to drive, especially on the highway and through hilly roads. Lee is an interested, knowledgable and helpful guy. Highly recommended.